The following list of patient rights is not intended to be all inclusive, Patients receiving care at out center have the right to:
Access to care
- Patients have the right to access necessary surgical and/or procedural interventions that are medically indicated.
- Patients, family members, and/or designees are included in ethical discussions of and decisions affecting the patient’s care.
- Marketing or advertising regarding the competence and capabilities of the organization is not misleading to patients and/or support persons
Respectful and considerate care
- Patients will be treated with respect, compassion, and consideration in a clean and safe environment.
- Patients are treated with dignity and without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or source of payment.
- The patient has the right to be free of restraint except when indicated to protect the patient or others from injury.
Privacy and confidentiality
- Patients have the right to every consideration of personal privacy.
- Any patient case discussion, consultation, examination, and treatment will be conducted so as to protect each patient’s privacy.
Information about treatment
- Patients have the right to information about their illness, treatment options, and potential outcomes.
- Patients will receive information as necessary to provide informed consent for any planned procedure.
- Patients have the right to consent or decline in research affecting their care.
- Communication aids (i.e., interpreters, pictures, sign language, etc.) are provided to patients who have language barriers.
- Patients have the right to information prior to the day of services regarding the center’s fees for services and payment policies.
Refusal of Care
- Patients have the right to refuse care to the extent provided by law and to be informed of the potential consequences of this refusal.