The care the patient received depends partially on the patient; therefore, patients who are recipients of health care services are responsible for the following:
- Patients are responsible for providing accurate and complete information regarding their health status, medical history, and current medications.
- Patients are responsible for reporting any change in their condition during the present course of treatment and recovery.
- Patients are responsible for participating in care decisions and for asking questions when they do not understand the information provided.
- Patients have the responsibility to be considerate of others, including health care professionals and staff, as well as other patients, and to respect their rights, privacy, and property.
- Patients are responsible for adhering to the plan of treatment by following instructions, participating in his/her care, keeping appointments, and cooperating with care providers who assist with carrying out the plan(s) of care.
- Patients are responsible for recognizing the effect of lifestyle choices on their personal health.
- Patients are responsible for providing complete and accurate third party payer information and meeting any outstanding financial obligations related to the services received.
- Collaboration and agreement of payment policies and fees for services will be documented.